Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

4 Reasons to make healthy food choices

Here are 4 reasons I choose to stop and think about what I eat:

1. Working out and eating healthy compliment each other.
2. I eat food that fuels my body for a hard days work and provides it with the right nutrients.
3. Most food manufacturers don't care, so I SHOULD.
4. I look, feel and perform better.

If I care about myself enough to workout and try my hardest on every single WOD, why wouldn't I care enough about what goes into my body to fuel those WODs?

Tips for surviving the 4Th of July junk food fest BBQ:
  • Try to find a lean protein on the buffet. If all that is available is burger patties, take the burger (sans the bun) and other veggies and make a salad.
  • Say no thanks to the potato salad that is made with who knows what, and pass on the chips. Instead, go for fresh fruit.

This may sound simple, but it is very easy for your brain to not work when you are staring at a buffet spread with tons of tempting JUNK! Learn how to retrain your brain so that it can see junk food as truly just junk.

You care enough to do CrossFit...why do YOU care what YOU eat?