Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sharon's Recipe

"So I have been dying eating paleo for the past 30 days and I have begun getting desperate in my kitchen creations (since I used to eat for taste and not for fuel). Here is a good recipe I changed a bit to make it mostly paleo-friendly.

Coconut Cookies
1/2 cup COCONUT OIL
about 1/4 cups agave nectar (light) (I added to get the sweetness I liked)
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (this is the only non-paleo part)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 cups grated or unsweetened coconut flakes

Mix the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and agave nectar together. Stir in the coconut flour and the coconut flakes. Drop spoon sized mounds on a greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart (I used mini cupcake pan). Bake @ 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes (because I modified the ingredients, I think mine cooked quickly) until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and let cool on a cooling rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

They were really good, Ray tried to eat the whole pan tonight."

- Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon.